Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

New event idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New event idea

I have an idea for a new event involving quests similar to egg token quests but on a team scale. Each team gets the same list of quests to complete, starting from easy quests worth fewer victory points and moving up through consecutively harder and more valuable quests as the easier ones are completed. Quests that have already been completed can be repeated a few hours later like the Gustav islands in the Team Gauntlet event. Teams are ranked by the most victory points. Each player earns points by completing part of a quest.

Here are some examples of what I mean:

Team quest 1: Raid 10k lumber, x100
    The quest can then be completed if all 50 players raid 10k lumber twice, or if 10 players raid 10k lumber 10 times each, etc.

Team quest 2: Cast Death Gaze 5 times, x150

Team quest 3: Defeat 3 bases, x 150

Etc.

Possible titles could be 'Scavenger hunt' or 'Obstacle course'

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Just when I can finally post in here the forums are about to move. Hope my post doesn't die before it even begins.

Basically, you took the egg token missions and made them into a guild quest/event? I've been playing Lords Mobile for the last two weeks and they just started an event like this called Guild Fest. You choose the quests to complete from a guild board and there is a time limit to complete each quest. Quests are turned in for event points that increase your guild prize. But, Lords Mobile has something War Dragons doesn't. Variety. War Dragons, is limited to grinding xp and leveling/feeding dragons, leveling towers and attacking islands...

Reference Point: I'm level 156, getting 10k wood is like sneezing. But, I think a gathering/pvp event would be fatal for the economy for awhile. I would suggest that any resource gathering be specific to event islands.

Questions:
    1. Is this a PVE, PVP or mixed event?
    2. I'm assuming by the quantities requested in the example that this event doesn't use energy, seems it would need a theme around health potions? Free revive happy hours?
    3. Is there a super or mega attack aspect to questing? Don't depend on all 50 players to actually play, some people work and sleep. :P
    4. "moving up through consecutively harder and more valuable quests" How? Do you just have a random generator like egg token missions that get progressively more insane? Or is it more like my fourth point below.
    5. Quest Tiers? I would think that you would have quest tiers like Gustav/Blackbloods have tiers of islands. This would allow low and high-level players to contribute in the end.
    6. Ability quests....casting death gaze 750 times sounds like more torture than nails on a chalkboard. I would stay away from anything that is dragon specific. Thoughts?
    That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

Quests as an event... I wish they would keep the Quests screen we already have filled with things to do after level 200, and even then all that was was rubies for reaching 200.

Personally I think there is already too much strain on rss during some events and the regular missing lumber/food after an attack is frustrating enough when doing events and sometimes token missions.

The one thing I can see this as is a money grab by PG if they were to take it on.
      Prizes would have to be high on heal pots, spells and other consumables to make this event even possible for the non-spenders.

Comment

• Stryke
        Stryke commented
        Editing a comment
        I seconded as anything to deal and exploiting more monies from player to TOP up on New feature a straight "No". We shall witness what is going on now, energy cost for KOH and I'm coming to a conclusion next season will not be easy to achieve another dragon.

For reference I'm level 106 and 10k lumber would be easy for me as well. I would suggest that a 10k lumber type of quest should be near the top of the list as one of the easiest quests depending on how many times an individual member has to complete the quest in order for the team to complete the quest.

4 and 5. You have a good point about making randomized tiers of quests available instead of one specific list of quests. That could balance out resource raid demands. I'm just afraid that one team would end up with an easy quest while another ends up with a hard one. For randomized quests there should be an option to abandon the quest but to be able to pick up as many quests as you want without having to wait for a cooldown period.

Perhaps easy and hard quest tiers can be scaled depending on the average level of a subleague if that isn't too difficult to implement.

1. I was thinking a PVP event but without using event energy. Personally I find PVE islands boring and too easy, at least in the case of the Team Gauntlet event.

2. There should be bronze chests drops containing a lot of potions and dragon hp/attack boosts like in other pvp events. Event prizes should also hand out these boosts. I'm not a big spender and I've gathered hundreds of boosts that way, but it seems to be more difficult to have enough potions on hand when you're low level.

3. For a superattack option, players should be able to take on 10 or 100 units of a quest at once (e.g. 10k lumber x 10 = 100k lumber which I can sometimes do in one single raid). I haven't really thought through how to limit this the way super and mega attacks are constrained by resources.

6. I would definitely stay away from damage quests on a specific dragon. Those can be torture.

With quests about casting spells, my thinking was that those would be among the more difficult quests. If it works at all it would have to be with common spells that are available on multiple dragons excluding divines.

The only way I could see dragon specific quests working is if there is an entire quest tier devoted to dealing damage with a specific dragon or a tier devoted to casting spells. You wouldn't know which dragon the quest is specific to until you take on a quest, and it would be one of the dragons from your current roster.

Thanks for the input!

Questions:
      1. Is this a PVE, PVP or mixed event?
      2. I'm assuming by the quantities requested in the example that this event doesn't use energy, seems it would need a theme around health potions? Free revive happy hours?
      3. Is there a super or mega attack aspect to questing? Don't depend on all 50 players to actually play, some people work and sleep. :P
      4. "moving up through consecutively harder and more valuable quests" How? Do you just have a random generator like egg token missions that get progressively more insane? Or is it more like my fourth point below.
      5. Quest Tiers? I would think that you would have quest tiers like Gustav/Blackbloods have tiers of islands. This would allow low and high-level players to contribute in the end.
      6. Ability quests....casting death gaze 750 times sounds like more torture than nails on a chalkboard. I would stay away from anything that is dragon specific. Thoughts?
      That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

I really like the concept - but I would want a much larger variety of quests to do.

Comment

I really like the concept - but I would want a much larger variety of quests to do.

Comment

Originally posted by gaza8143 View Post
            As in more variety than the examples I listed? I was thinking the event should have about as much variety / similar quests to the egg token quests. (Looting resources, defeating x number of bases, destroying x number of buildings, destorying certain towers etc. and possibly dragon or spell specific quests if it could be made to work without making a super tedious quest) Did you have any ideas about what other types of quests could be added?

Comment

• gaza8143
              gaza8143 commented
              Editing a comment
              Destroy X bases with only Sorc , defeat base with your dragon taking max 25% damage. Destroy X Monuments , defeat base with 1 follower , find x bronze chests , 5 flame a base , defend a base on your team , heal a building on your team , declare a war , win a war , use 1 day of timers , spend x rubies , spend 100 egg tokens , etc And then increasingly difficult team versions. Wars can be given an immediate start and 3 hrs to complete timer.

• YellowMonkey
              YellowMonkey commented
              Editing a comment
              gaza8143 great add on suggestions

I like the concept too
            Deviating from your idea, may be daily team missions to get extra egg token and timers might be nice . Make prizes higher as the league gets higher so that there will be more incentive to move up the league.

Comment

I would love to see more team oriented events. You could have personal missions for points then also have team missions.

But I would rather see the goals be in aggregate. So one may be raid 1 mil lumber. Then after you beat that one, raid 2 mil lumber appears for more team points. Another may be a war against the blackbloods and you have 12 hours to get 230 flames and you can pick the time it starts within the event. Upgrade X towers, feed X dragons, etc.

Comment

Cool idea, I would definitely want to see more creative events that involve teamwork. I have some other quests: Destroy X towers with Nightshade (The team will have to coordinate - players with nightshade work on this quest), Claim 1M food from sheep farms, destroy X towers with red tier dragons, Spend 500k food on training Dark Element dragons.

Comment

So before this could be an event, the main issue I see with it is that the drought that would follow would kill the economy. Just think about how feeding events and fortification events drain literally everything...this would take it to another level. If everyone was trying to get resources at the same time, slowly there would be literally none left, and the majority of players will have to rely on either lucky findings or food/lumber packs aka spending a lot of money.

To make this event work, really PG needs to 1) fix the glitch where the food/lumber estimate of how much you can get on a base is wrong almost every time and then 2) Make some generated bases with something on them (like the invader bases is my suggestion). If that was to happen I think this event could work fairly well. We need more events to add some variety to the game....

Comment

I think this could be a lot of fun

Comment

gaza8143 Great suggestions for new quests, but I wouldn't want to be forced to spend rubies, timers and egg tokens to complete a quest. That would directly compete with saving up for other events.

@AttackMasterv2: There wouldn't be resource issues if the quests were somewhat randomized as others suggested so that not all teams have a raiding quest going on at the same time.

Comment

I like this idea a lot, sounds fun.
                        _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

Working...
                        X