Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Let us finish research

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let us finish research

CampusLifer Echo EggToken PGJared

Two years ago gold dragons were introduced and more dragons came.

All other combinations past green and gold dragons didn't provide any green or gold eggs anymore.

It's impossible to finish it now bc everyone invests egg tokens (Sapphire to Obsidian about 3+ million tokens) for new dragons who, guess what, don't provide green and gold eggs. Let's also not forget about platinum eggs.

So please come up with a solution to this.

Suggestion:

Replace silver chests on a weekend next season that only contain green and gold eggs.

Make the drops as follows:

15 green eggs / 10 gold eggs for epic drops

30 green eggs / 20 gold eggs for legendary drops.

Price: 4K rubies
    Last edited by Warlord; 08-28-2017, 10:11 AM.

Yea i have a couple hundred plat eggs to get some research there but i don't even have half the golds for one upgrade after normally breading nearly every plat dragon... Nice Design!

Comment

Warlord I agree to this and I find myself in same delima. This is a pain and I believe most of us feel the same way. We are not able to complete research because We'd rather use tokens tokens to breed higher dragons since I need to catch up the pace. Dragons are not getting any much better due to research being stagnant at green level. We can't research anymore. It costs 800 tokens for one green egg for research. I tried to get as much as I can but it resulted in wasting my 80k -100k of my egg tokens for only two research which even costs days. Yet our research building is maxed out. We beef to find a way to get 565 missing green tokens, and after, we will get stuck at gold research which even costs more. Is there a way to Even play this game without spending so much $$$? Come on, Please do something about this. Thank you

Comment

It would be nice to see some sort of fix for this--haven't done any in maybe 6 months? Basically the only people able to get past green are super long time players who were able to spend on green research eggs when green was top tier and super whales (or hackers) who get all content.

I don't think it's great game design to lock 99.x% of the playerbase from content as basic as research. So something along the lines suggested by the OP or other creative solutions from PG would be quite welcome.

Note: I'm not saying let everyone get all research right away and with little effort. But maybe more than 0 in 6 months should be achievable.

Comment

• Warlord
          Warlord commented
          Editing a comment
          You're exactly right. Back in the days you could breed every dragon without a breeding plan and you accumulated tons of research eggs. That was the original purpose of that research.

Breeding plans and the too early release of sapphire tier fucked research up.

Research was always the thing of last resort after you have nothing else to spend egg tokens on. The thing that has changed is that keeping up with normal dragon progression has become impossible without extreme spending, so research never gets any progress at all. Nothing will improve about this, no matter what solution is tried, as long as more and more of the game keeps getting swallowed up behind a paywall.

Comment

Those chests would solve it.

No one spends on research eggs and it will stay that way so no revenues here.

Those chests cost 4K rubies and give 15-30 eggs per opening.

So 60-80k rubies would be needed to get the research done. Maybe 20k to get some very useful ones. And I definitely would spend those rubies. And I know many bigger players would too.
          Last edited by Warlord; 08-28-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I suggested a while ago that we should be able to trade up or down in eggs. I.e trade 3 red eggs for 1 purple , 3 purple for 1 blue. Then down, 1 Sapphire for 3 Platinum , 1 platinum for 3 gold and so on.

This way we can burn up unused eggs. Could all be done at the trader hut and capped to one transfer oer 8hrs.

Comment

• Warlord
              Warlord commented
              Editing a comment
              You should know by now that we don't get anything for free. And business negotiations never free.

So before none of us can finish research let's vote for that chests. It's a win win situation.

• gaza8143
              gaza8143 commented
              Editing a comment
              Warlord true - but when was the last time anything we suggested implemented? You should start your chests at 1k so it ends up at 4k

You know they will make your 4k proposition cost 10k when implemented.

I dont think 4k is worth it to be honest, I would prioritize standard gold chests at 4k over green egg chests.

My view is green eggs are junk value, sure 4k is fair for current eggs but not for content released 2.5 years ago! Content that old is typically patched straight over and fixed.
              Last edited by gaza8143; 08-29-2017, 01:34 AM.

Research costs are ridiculously high near the final stages. 56k token for some green egg research items and 100k and up for gold egg research items. Oddly, I have platinum (higher level than both green and gold) eggs to spare.

This needs to be fixed.

Comment

• Warlord
              Warlord commented
              Editing a comment
              Same I have couple of 100 plat eggs. I need about 500 green eggs and maybe 200 golds.

I'm not buying any more stuff but I would like to eventually finish green research before I die. Perhaps be able to substitute higher level eggs in their place?

Comment

• Warlord
              Warlord commented
              Editing a comment
              That's what Gaza suggested a while back and guess what?

PG said ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

I'd happily take green egg drops from building destruction instead of 1m timers 8D
            [ITIL isn't my IGN]
            XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

• SuavGlav
              SuavGlav commented
              Editing a comment
              Omg yup.

• Vaine1MQ
              Vaine1MQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Best idea I've heard yet.

• Warlord
              Warlord commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol sure. I take that too. Likelihood 0.000000000000000000000000000000001%.

And let me add to it. Instead of 3 mins timers I want 3k egg tokens.

Good to see the same problems existing for years now!
            😒😒😒

Comment

Question: Did you breed all the green/gold dragons, or did you skip some? Similarly, did you beeline your research straight through green/gold or did you take a more meandering path?

Comment

• Mechengg
                Mechengg commented
                Editing a comment
                I have ALL dragons through platinum. I started my breeding path when i was breeding my gold legendaries (late) so i kinda meandered along not very efficiently.

With my research i have 12 research items (4x of each of the 3 straight main paths) plus 2 that i specifically branched out for. So 14 in total.

• Warlord
                Warlord commented
                Editing a comment
                Point is even if you breed all dragons 1 by 1 without following any breeding guide (and "unfortunately" you cannot breed only one dragon without getting a second one or third for free) you won't get those spare eggs needed for research.

So PG needs to look into this pls and consider one of the mentioned alternatives here or and that would be absolutely great would run a bonus event where we can win those green and gold eggs in individual and team prizes. But please something attainable.

• SilentOne
                SilentOne commented
                Editing a comment
                Through green/gold umm, most of us are stuck in green.

I also have all dragons through to platinum and was not (still don't) using any sort of breeding paths to speed any specific breeding up.

To many players who are following the get big dragons quickly paths I am behind on dragons, because I was using tokens to get through green research.

I am currently a level 200 player... still working through Sapphire Dragons and still need 340 Green eggs for research, I currently have 19.
                I have made it to the end of one line and been able to begin the Gold research. I've done the Persistent Poison and Endless Arsenal. I now only have 11/30 in gold so am not able to continue that line.

The dragons I am breeding now will produce no lower than Platinum Eggs.

So here's the situation for a non-spender.
                I'm stuck in Green/Gold Tier for Research
                I'm stuck in Sapphire Tier for Dragons
                I can very easily keep building my base higher and further beyond my dragon levels capabilities.

Fortification events once a month means growing bigger to earn points for sigils, or possibly missing out on Event dragons.
                Lack of tokens needed at these levels means it takes 2-3 months for a single dragon.

Meanwhile Research in Green/Gold Tier is at a complete standstill.

I don't really see an issue. As a person who doesn't burn timers to complete incubation I find that I wind up with more egg tokens than I need each breeding event and use the extras to get another research. I'm only 305 eggs from competing all green research now and unlock both gold paths. I siuspect the problem is that the research is geared towards non-speed up growth where you will get egg tokens faster than you will unlock new dragons to breed. For reference I'm almost completed with Platinum and starting Sapphire next event in all likelihood. By the time I complete sapphire I anticipate having all green fully researched and probably a decent chunk of gold as well. All in all research rewards patience and slow hatching. If you speed through it chances are you will have to go back. It's all about what your goal is.

Comment

• laserlight
                laserlight commented
                Editing a comment
                305 x 800 = 244k. That's two Sapphire dragons and you need those to uncap your farms and your divines. You could go on to Garnet faster or you could just progress your way to the gold research wall. Green Rare dragons cost 800 tokens, Gold Rare dragons cost 1,920 tokens...

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                FissionFire I really wonder how you can keep up with research as I remember that I was stuck in Green research back when I was in Gold tier.
                I'm breeding Garnet dragons nowadays and my research is still in Green tier. Maybe you will understand when you breed your first Sapphires and hit the infamous "Sapphire Wall".

• Kittens
                Kittens commented
                Editing a comment
                That's probably it. You haven't hit the sapphire wall yet. I remember being in platinum tier and using the extra tokens for research. You see those two words? "Extra tokens"? You'll be laughing at that once you're one or two dragons into sapphire.

CampusLifer have you considered allowing mythicfrags as substitute for missing research eggs ? Could allow some to save up and get some green/gold research done.

Comment

• XxTrue1xX
                XxTrue1xX commented
                Editing a comment
                This would be amazing!!! You could make one research egg regardless of tier one mystic fragment which would be so bery helpful. This would finally get me through green research! Hopefully PG likes this idea!

• Warlord
                Warlord commented
                Editing a comment
                That's the point. One frag for 1 egg.

If they understand it like use 40 frags per green egg than HELL NO!

• Sandberg74
                Sandberg74 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. 1 frag pr egg. So 200 green eggs for 200 frags.

Research is no problem. There is no reason to expect it done fast. pick what bits you want first. Green is easy many not worth bothering with. I am through both lines on Green. Just no issue.

Comment

• laserlight
                laserlight commented
                Editing a comment
                If you just follow the main lines you miss out on a lot of useful stuff, plus once you get to gold research your eggs now cost roughly two and half times more than green tier.

• JSG
                JSG commented
                Editing a comment
                Warlord, Did not say I finished green, no need too either lots of side branches are not worth the bother.

SilentOne, No they don't, its those that rush the game I suspect that have trouble with research eggs. That's deliberate by PG so you pay somewhere to hurry.

Marez, I have done many side branches, a couple more I might bother with some time. I do breed eggs just for research in the occasional event. Sometimes I have no next breed ready so do a few for the first few event prizes. Others I top up to an event tier with research eggs. All very simple. Also done couple of gold and plat eggs research. Slow but no problem.

Laserlight, Done lots of side branches too, done a few gold and Plat as well.

• MareZ
                MareZ commented
                Editing a comment
                JSG your forum account is from Oct 2015 which means you started atleast three months before I did. But you're not even in Sapphire yet which means you likely are not a competitive player.

I have started end of Dez 2015 and I'm in the middle of Garnet Tier. I'm following breeding paths and play competitively in Diamond I without spending. I'm quite sure that most players that post in this thread are also competitive players like me and can not afford literally wasting even a few thousand egg tokens on useless research that could take them farther to their next and much more powerful dragon tier.

So no offense, it's up to you if you want to play slowly, but the research problem is a fact that can't be denied and affects a huge portion of the player base.
            Working...
            X