Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Keyboard opening and closing repeatedly after 3.4 update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard opening and closing repeatedly after 3.4 update

As soon as the 3.4 update came out I reported to support that the GBoard keyboard on my Galaxy S8 started opening and closing repeatedly when I try to type in game. They replied that the developers were aware and working on it fixing it.

Over a week later I'm wondering if it'll be fixed. I've tried changing the size of the keyboard but didn't help. I tried switching back to the stock Samsung keyboard, but it also does it, just not nearly as much. I do not use the Samsung keyboard in game because it has its own bug where the backspace key will not repeat when held down in the game.

When will this be fixed? The keyboard never did this until I installed the 3.4 update.

Thanks
    Last edited by sovereignty; 08-04-2017, 12:52 AM.

I shared similar problem. Not sure about others. But my priority now is solving the app crashing problem on event attacks. I could barely get a high point now in the Event.

Comment

It's quite a problem when you're trying to type during an attack as well.

Comment

I shared your frustation mate sovereignty . But I have (temporarily) solved the problem. Yesterday I tried to download the game on another phone, Samsung On7. It is lower end than my S6, but amazingly I didnt encounter any single problem we have been discussing so far. No app crashing when idling or attacking in the event, no pop-up keyboard. Magic!

Comment

• sovereignty
        sovereignty commented
        Editing a comment
        πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Yet another FHD device with no problems...Awesome!

Lol I just had to. But on a serious note, what keyboard does the On7 use? If it's the Samsung keyboard I guess maybe they kept with an earlier version of it?

Edit: I added your On7 to the list on the "idle crashing" thread...Thanks! πŸ˜‰
        Last edited by sovereignty; 08-05-2017, 11:40 PM.

Is this on Nougat and/or Marshmallow?
      [ITIL isn't my IGN]
      XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        My tablet is still on Lollipop and still have the exact same problem with the new update
        Last edited by Dakhunter; 08-05-2017, 06:23 PM.

• sovereignty
        sovereignty commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm on Nougat 7.0. I haven't yet, but I was gonna search and see if I can find an apk to put the basic Android keyboard on my S8. It doesn't come with it installed. Only the Samsung keyboard came with it and I added Google GBoard which both experience the problem just GBoard does it much more frequently.

Will this problem ever be addressed????? I have tried a few different keyboard and they all do the same thing!

Comment

This problem remains active and everything is VERY VERY SLOW to respond to inputs. Can barely chat with my team. Why am i putting up with this?

Comment

EggToken PGJared CampusLifer Echo this has been too long dealing with this annoying issue. It makes it very hard to chat with our teams. We at least need a patch issued to address this if it's still a while before the next full update is released.

​​​​​​​Thank you!

Comment

The update still didn't fix this...

Comment

EggToken, PGJared, Dragon Punch, will this new update 3.60 improve the stability for Android devices? Less frequent crashes? Reduce network delay in joining attacks/defense?
              and please have someone who is working on Android platform working in the forum so we can tag that person instead of summoning the whole list of forum staffs here and getting nothing but silence

Comment

• sovereignty
                sovereignty commented
                Editing a comment
                I read the pre-release notes.

Yes, please guys I can't say this enough times...just saying "bug fixes" isn't really an informative pre-release note...

• Dakhunter
                Dakhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                They try to keep it as vague as possible so in case something goes wrong, we don't come back and bite their heads off... All is because of the poor QA/QC from PG
                Last edited by Dakhunter; 09-20-2017, 06:51 AM.

More than a month a no response from Pg... PGJared EggToken Echo Dragon Punch..
              this is part of the reasons why people are frustrated with PG due to their lack of communication. This thread contains no trolls, no harassment and PG decide to ignore this and go comment on other toxic threads

Comment

PGJared EggToken Echo

Anything??? Guys even before v3.5 came out, your support team assured me there was already a solution being worked on to be put in the next update. Then, v3.5 was released A MONTH AFTER THEY SAID THAT and nobody fixed it. We're getting close to v3.6 now and nobody has even responded in a month and a half. Seriously, it NEEDS to be fixed no later than in v3.6. It wouldn't look too good on the coding team if it isn't.
                Last edited by sovereignty; 09-23-2017, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Dakhunter
                  Dakhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, I was suggesting to do "something" about those engineers for being incompetent but CampusLifer shut me down... I would be very embarrassed to see so many customers complaining about the quality of my products.
                  it's very annoying when you try to chat and the keyboard pops up 3-5 times to start writing.

PGJared The keyboard issue still exists in v3.6. Is there any status on the progress made fixing it? Update to v3.61 will be 3 updates put out since it started with v3.4. Thanks

Comment

• Dakhunter
                  Dakhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You should make a new post. I got banned because I kept bumping this thread.
                  Way to refuse your responsibility here PG

v3.61 still did not address the issue with keyboards on Android. Can we please get a status update?

Comment

• Dakhunter
                  Dakhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think Jared posted on another thread, the keyboard issue will be fixed in the October/November update
              Working...
              X