Announcement

Collapse

War Dragons Forum Migration Soon!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Over the last few months we've done lots of work behind the scenes redesigning the forum and will be migrating over to our new forum software in the coming weeks. During this migration, the forums will be set to "read-only" and posting will be disabled. We expect the actual migration to take between 24-48 hours. Please watch for additional Announcements soon with more details!
See more
See less

Keyboard opening and closing repeatedly after 3.4 update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard opening and closing repeatedly after 3.4 update

As soon as the 3.4 update came out I reported to support that the GBoard keyboard on my Galaxy S8 started opening and closing repeatedly when I try to type in game. They replied that the developers were aware and working on it fixing it.

Over a week later I'm wondering if it'll be fixed. I've tried changing the size of the keyboard but didn't help. I tried switching back to the stock Samsung keyboard, but it also does it, just not nearly as much. I do not use the Samsung keyboard in game because it has its own bug where the backspace key will not repeat when held down in the game.

When will this be fixed? The keyboard never did this until I installed the 3.4 update.

Thanks
    Last edited by sovereignty; 08-04-2017, 12:52 AM.

I shared similar problem. Not sure about others. But my priority now is solving the app crashing problem on event attacks. I could barely get a high point now in the Event.

Comment

It's quite a problem when you're trying to type during an attack as well.

Comment

I shared your frustation mate sovereignty . But I have (temporarily) solved the problem. Yesterday I tried to download the game on another phone, Samsung On7. It is lower end than my S6, but amazingly I didnt encounter any single problem we have been discussing so far. No app crashing when idling or attacking in the event, no pop-up keyboard. Magic!

Comment

• sovereignty
        sovereignty commented
        Editing a comment
        πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Yet another FHD device with no problems...Awesome!

Lol I just had to. But on a serious note, what keyboard does the On7 use? If it's the Samsung keyboard I guess maybe they kept with an earlier version of it?

Edit: I added your On7 to the list on the "idle crashing" thread...Thanks! πŸ˜‰
        Last edited by sovereignty; 08-05-2017, 11:40 PM.

Is this on Nougat and/or Marshmallow?
      [ITIL isn't my IGN]
      XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

• Dakhunter
        Dakhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        My tablet is still on Lollipop and still have the exact same problem with the new update
        Last edited by Dakhunter; 08-05-2017, 06:23 PM.

• sovereignty
        sovereignty commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm on Nougat 7.0. I haven't yet, but I was gonna search and see if I can find an apk to put the basic Android keyboard on my S8. It doesn't come with it installed. Only the Samsung keyboard came with it and I added Google GBoard which both experience the problem just GBoard does it much more frequently.

Will this problem ever be addressed????? I have tried a few different keyboard and they all do the same thing!

Comment

This problem remains active and everything is VERY VERY SLOW to respond to inputs. Can barely chat with my team. Why am i putting up with this?

Comment

EggToken PGJared CampusLifer Echo this has been too long dealing with this annoying issue. It makes it very hard to chat with our teams. We at least need a patch issued to address this if it's still a while before the next full update is released.

​​​​​​​Thank you!

Comment

The update still didn't fix this...

Comment

So you are more features to add more income to your bank account but you still can't fix the keyboard issue???

Very sad, PG. I'm not a game developer but if any software I've written was released with such poor QC and lackluster regard toward patching the bugs any updates introduced I would be quite embarrassed for myself.

We would not be feeling this way if we at least knew it was being worked on. Support will tell us they are aware of it but yet another major release comes out and it doesn't even fix anything. Rather it added more bugs. My game crashes now more than it did before.

Comment

Working...
              X