Graphics issues. Don't ignore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics issues. Don't ignore

You all know after this last update the game looks like a cheap game. I sent a mail to support and they said I have to change graphics in game settings. But of course support doesn't know anything about Android options in game, they also know that if you check/uncheck those options in settings it doesn't change anything. Playing a game with so ugly graphics it's really not my thing. And don't say a galaxy S5 and a galaxy note 3 are low end devices.
    what option do I have? Stop playing? I know many android players that did that

I run high end Sony Xperia devices & it looks awful, but it's an aesthetic issue. I'm more annoyed at how badly they nerfed vampiric touch.

Comment

• Dracul
      Dracul commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't attacked much after this update cuz of the graphics. But I must sure there are more issues other than graphics

• wardragonslayne
      wardragonslayne commented
      Editing a comment
      Vampiric was a glitch before so "nerfed" aka back to normal.

Say the high end Xperia device.. old isn't high end now. If you are talking z5, it's old.

• Dimwit Janku
      Dimwit Janku commented
      Editing a comment
      @wardragonslayne

I was referring to the Xperia XZ:
      Processor - Snapdragon 820, 64bit
      GPU - Adreno 530
      CPU - 4 cores (2x2.15 GHz Kryo, 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
      RAM - 3GB, 1866 MHz
      Android 7.1.1

I also use a Z4 tablet (admittedly a little older now)
      Processor - Snapdragon 810, 64bit
      GPU - Adreno 430, 650 MHz
      CPU - 8 cores (4x2.0 GHz ARM Cortex-A57, 4x1.5 GHz ARM Coretex- A53
      RAM - 3GB, 1600 MHz
      Android 7.1.1

I don't believe either of these would fall below the spec requirements for War Dragons, but if I'm wrong I am more than happy to apologize.

Have to say not a fan of the new graphics either. Its like someone got the blurr pixel paintbrush and went crazy - strange some buildings like farms are in HD but then damage towers are a burr of water colours.

Comment

• Dracul
      Dracul commented
      Editing a comment
      You described it so well. We have 3 wars now otherwise I wouldn't go in game

Have you checked to see if the graphics settings changed?
    [ITIL isn't my IGN]
    XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

• Dracul
      Dracul commented
      Editing a comment
      I've just checked again few minutes ago. Only thing that changes is water quality. Thats all. From blue water goes to high quality HD water. Nothing else changes.

There is no setting for the (blurry) detail level. If press recommend settings in graphic settins menu all settings are set to off. So from one day after another PG named my huawei phone p9 an old timer

Comment

• wardragonslayne
      wardragonslayne commented
      Editing a comment
      P9 scored crap in graphics on benchmarking.. that's why it's knocked down.

Graphics has always been an issue. PG fix is to put setting on worst possible graphics. Also they nerfed the Vampiric Touch big time. Slip that one in there maybe no one will notice!

Comment

This is really frustrating. Im seriously thinking to quit. I give a week so I can spend some time with friends in game and also wait for a change. From what I saw even Clash of Clans have much better graphics

Comment

Yeah, it looks now just awful after the update. My device is Xiaomi Mi5 Pro, with Snapdragon 820 CPU, Adreno 530 GPU and 4Gb RAM. It is one of the most powerful smartphones of 2016. Here are my screenshots in PNG:

'A NEW VISUAL HIGH' is 'A NEW VISUAL LOW' now. Here is how it looked before the update:

It seems that the autodetect algorithm has some errors.
        I think it would be better to let user to choose graphics settings in the game settings, with possible variants like "Low", "Medium" or "High". And autodetect settings could be only used as default settings (on the first launch of the game). (And autodetect could also tell user what settings are recommended for his device.)
        Last edited by NightDragonNinja; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

You think they thought of that? Nope. They just said "let's test this on those stupid android players. Give them no option and maybe they will quit and make this game an iOS game aND our job wI'll get easier". Now I see another issue that I didn't had before. Games turns black and restarts
          Last edited by Dracul; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Got all the same problems now as above its terrible after the update

Comment

My graphic is terrible on my samsung 10.1 2014 edition tablet. It's like some child's doodle. Besides that, it crashes way too often just from idling or just chatting with teammates. And the network delay is even worse, have almost 20s delay to join any attack/defense battle.

Comment

• sovereignty
                sovereignty commented
                Editing a comment
                Dakhunter support is telling me now that they have sent the crash issues I'm reporting to development. Supposedly they are reviewing what I listed in the other thread and looking into what's causing the crashes. I'm still crashing after the update.

• Dakhunter
                Dakhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't know what's wrong with my Samsung cause when I play my game on the other 2 Xperia phones (z2 and z5), the game doesn't crash that much and the graphic is much better

• Dracul
                Dracul commented
                Editing a comment
                Also I keep crashing but only on my galaxy Note 3. S5 doesn't crash at all. Sometimes when I'm in my base, the writings on towers or forge or event just disappear or they are covered with blur.

PGJared any chance you guys can roll back this Patch or hot fix a button to let us chose between normal graphics and low quality graphics?

Comment

Comment

• Dracul
                  Dracul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow. What game are you playing? Looks like a bad version of war dragons. Lol

• Dakhunter
                  Dakhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's exactly what my game looks like on tablet. Constantly get stuck on the sky during xp run, graphics look like 💩

I am finally not getting kicked from backing and defending people so i am okay with these graphics. It is sad though that you have to choose between graphics and stability. Asphalt 8 and galaxy on fire work just fine despite having great graphics
                Last edited by vin28; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Dracul
                  Dracul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's cuz those guys really try to make the game work from Android too and not just take the easy way there. Like Holland lol. Instead to fight pot and prostitution they just make it legal. Cuz it was easier

I have a Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F and before this update, the game ran just as good as it looked. After the update... It still runs good, but, now looks like some kid's art project. All the dragons (with the exception of the skeleton ones like Sekoronos) look as though they were made of clay. The same goes for my base 😒

It's like I went from playing War Dragons to Play-Doh Dragons

Edit: Looks like the graphics have been fixed with the start of this event's treasure hunt. Not 100% like it used to look, but, it's nice enough that I can now wait a year or 2 before getting a new device.

Thank you PG 👍
                Last edited by Mr. Smilodon; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                X