Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

Mythic rune chests rip off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mythic rune chests rip off

10k rubies to get 2 rune dust chests and 8 epic runes... Wtf PG, give me my rubies back you fing rip off artists.

Hey, I got 3 rares and 4 epics! I win! Oh, wait......

Comment

• wardragonslayne
      wardragonslayne commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn bro.. rares should not even be in there wtf

• MrJonesy
      MrJonesy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I've sent the screenshot to support. This game is RAPIDLY giving me reason upon reason NOT to spend money on it, and I dropped a small fortune last season.

Image Screenshot 20170721 162928 hosted in imgbb.com

Comment

• EmrahT
      EmrahT commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats very sad :/ at least 1-2 very good runes should be there, even if ice shock isnt common.

Care to comment PGJared EggToken Echo

This has to be a joke right? Teammate opened 30 and no mythic.. no legendary drops, and a chunk of rare.. absolute shit for $100 worth. Refund us all and suspend this crap until you fix it.
    Last edited by wardragonslayne; 07-21-2017, 03:47 PM. Reason: Menchengg was correct pointing out error

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      You cannot get any glyphs in chests, events only. Did you mean mythics perhaps?

Totally not worth doing these chests in my opinion. I wanted to get a decent enough sample size to get some idea of what you can expect...

I spent 40k on runes which is just a ridiculous cost to begin with (really 2.5x as expensive as gold chests?). You are probably likely to see 1 legendary rune per set of 10x chests. And since it is totally random, even if you get that 1 legendary rune, chances are very good it will be a totally worthless rune giving you absolutely zero value for the 10k rubies you just spent.

- Absurd cost for chests
    - Low drop rate for legendary+ runes
    - Even if you get lucky and get a legendary rune, since its totally random the odds of actually getting a good rune are pretty much nothing.
    - Even the rune dust isn't anything to get excited about given the totally absurd costs. 10k rubies for the likelihood of getting 250k rune dust is really pretty crappy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sp4m8mdvk8...Rune1.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxpe8ljvky...Rune2.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gtivbl12d...Rune3.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwf36irovx...Rune4.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zntx5nw73z...sRune.jpg?dl=0

Comment

Out of the free runic chests I got epic havoc on my mini and 250k dust on main. Very much not enticing to want to spend that kind of rubies on. I am glad they gave the free ones to show how much of a waste these are.

Comment

I just spent 2000 rubies on a runic chest and got a rare archer striker. For that kind of rubies
        10 silver chests would have yielded 10 rare runes.
        Who in their right mind, other than a con artist or thief, would contemplate exposing customers to an already extant opportunity at
        10 times the cost?
        As far as I'm concerned, what happened to me today was straight theft.

Comment

Free runic chest was nice idea to attract players and convince them to spend the huge amount of rubies. After opening it I got Rare Mystic Striker. I'm definitely convinced!! Not going to open ANY. Please give us the common silver chest back soon. Or change the price for these new kind. Since beginning I have feeling that someone just made mistake and it should be 1 K rubies for 10 and 200 rubies for 1 runic chest 😉

Comment

Originally posted by LaDunian View Post
            Free runic chest was nice idea to attract players and convince them to spend the huge amount of rubies. After opening it I got Rare Mystic Striker. I'm definitely convinced!! Not going to open ANY. Please give us the common silver chest back soon. Or change the price for these new kind. Since beginning I have feeling that someone just made mistake and it should be 1 K rubies for 10 and 200 rubies for 1 runic chest 😉
            Got the Rare Mystic Striker too.
            Really not a great incentive to get more ...

Comment

Why would anyone pay 10 K rubies for 10 chests anyway? I mean, come on, this is a complete ripp-off and you knew it before opening the chests... I spend way too much on this game but nothing could convince me to spend 10 K on 10 rune chests.

Comment

Guys come on. PG are a small hardworking team. Keep supporting them by buying packs.

Comment

I got 250k rune dust with my free one
                  I think the graphic of mythic glyphs was a bit misleading since they are such a low drop. 1 guaranteed mythic per 10 pull probably be more of an incentive

Comment

I got a rare food production rune. Woo-hoo! Now I can feed my whole team!

This just screams of greed and stupidity.

Comment

Like some already said, when i saw the advertisement i pissed my pants from laughing. 10k rubies sounds and smells like a rippoff even till the stone age when dinasaurs lived knows this. The question is more like is PG smart about making money (since allot where still fooled by good advertising) or do allot of ppl have an IQ of a peanut and drops money wherever they go.

Comment

• Kittens
                        Kittens commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes on both counts.

The PG greed machine has gone into overdrive since the Tencent $90million capital injection, no surprise but if it didn't work it wouldn't happen - sadly it usually does work as there's always enough of the 'got to have more/bigger/better and money is no object' mentality to make up for those who object to the grabbing.

Edited to add: This one could really be an own goal though, as firstly we don't actually HAVE useful runes yet for many of the higher level spells, and secondly as there's not even a 1-in-10 guarantee or similar for Mythic runes - so what incentive would there be for many players to spend even if the price wasn't as ridiculous?
                      Last edited by Flames0; 07-22-2017, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X