Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder storm distance nerf or blue shield range increase

blue mages are useless versus thunderstorm

i have blue mages at start of island and people still can use thunderstorm.. what is the point of the blue mage if you can't stop them from using blue spells like thunder storm?

i would either recommend:
    1. Shortening the length need to use thunderstorm
    2. Lengthening the range blue mages cover
    Last edited by Texreb; 07-20-2017, 09:40 AM.

This again???

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      This specific poster again?

• LordKaiS
      LordKaiS commented
      Editing a comment
      this is like the good old war time debate, getting old and boring

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      Then stop looking at it.. lol..

Once pg addresses it it will go away but until then

Comment

• Mechengg
      Mechengg commented
      Editing a comment
      Because that went so well for the last guy who started to Spam PG with requests because they weren't answering.....

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not spamming them lol.. my first message on this subject

Something's changed. On the middle island, if there's a blue mage in the front 5 and I managed to trigger fast enough, the rage is spent and cooldown timer kicks off, but there is no lightning, no damage. And that's just wrong. Block it, fine, but no timer and no rage cost. That's how blocking works for everything else.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
      TheRedDelilah commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah this happens 1/20 times and always has with thunderstorm. Back when Cal first came out, then Meridian, etc

• Talarius
      Talarius commented
      Editing a comment
      Never noticed it before and saw it a lot just before the current event. Not happening at all now. /shrug

• hostage67
      hostage67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its a timing issue, you triggered it too soon.

I agree. The tooltip says "blocks or disables" blue mage does neither

Comment

• Sabin76
      Sabin76 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, the tooltip should be changed anyway. It implies that blue and red mage towers work the same way and they don't.

• gaza8143
      gaza8143 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point

• hostage67
      hostage67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Technically it blocks the spell. The problem isn't the function exactly its the range. There is a split second after turning the corner where Sage can trigger the spell just before they enter the blocked range, and if they hit this, it isn't disabled.

Lets not increase the range of the blue mage...the range it's at is perfectly fine and allows for skillful dodging of mage shot with cloak/shift
    Frydays

Comment

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      So you would say decrease the distance to activate TS then

• elements1
      elements1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess... though tbh thunderstorm isn't really a problem on higher bases. Storms a hard counter to the TS. if anything make it work likea red mage

What I’ve observed and tested is timing when the Tstorm spell is used. Just barely after Sage turns the corner you use Tstorm fast enough before blue mate pops up and 💥. Tstorm heaven. However if you wait until Sage has completely straightened up and aligned with the island, blue mate keeps it from working until mage tower is destroyed. Just two cents there.

Comment

Just defeats the purpose of the blue mage

Comment

• Sabin76
        Sabin76 commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean... It's ONE blue spell that behaves like this. You're saying you see no purpose in a blue mage beyond blocking thunderstorm?

• hostage67
        hostage67 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Sabin76
        You're argument isn't exactly valid when every single person basically has Sage and uses him regularly. So yes, its one spell, that is on a dragon that nearly everyone has and uses specifically to bypass blue mage towers.

• Sabin76
        Sabin76 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. You are essentially saying that if the spell TS did not exist, then no one would use blue mage towers. All I'm saying is that's is obviously not true.

I believe you are reading into my comment a bit too much. For example, I wouldn't be at all against TS getting shut down once in range of a blue mage. I can also see coding problems with that, though, because the spell is not centered on the dragon (like shield spells) but extends quite far beyond.

Agreed, this needs a fix

Comment

Why not just make thunderstorm spell stop/cancel once a bolt hits a blue mage tower?

Comment

• gaza8143
          gaza8143 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree that is how it should work

• sovereignty
          sovereignty commented
          Editing a comment
          You almost had it perfect. Although, that would make it work like red mage on red spells.

However, to really make it work to align with how blue mage works on other spells is this...If thunderstorm spell is active, once the dragon passes in range of any blue mage, if the tower hasn't been destroyed yet, the spell stops and lightning bolts cease to drop. Look at all the others:

Cloak: stops when dragon is in range of spell
          Invincibility: Stops in range
          Blue Explosive shield...and on and on....

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Also, it doesn't matter how the spell "has always worked"...a bug is a bug and must be corrected at some point if gameplay is to stay aligned with the published expected actions.

Leave it alone, there's nothing wrong with the spell or the mage.
        What, me worry?

Comment

• hostage67
          hostage67 commented
          Editing a comment
          Spoken like someone who abuses the Thunderstorm mechanics on a daily basis. I have the Emerald Sage stone, its not like I can't take advantage of the mechanics and abuse them. I just think they are broken. I think if you want Thunderstorm to function like it currently is, then you should make it a white ability so at lest then the intentions are clear. But to say it should be countered by blue mages, and then not actually have them counter anything is bullshit.
          Last edited by hostage67; 07-24-2017, 08:37 AM.

• CaptainC
          CaptainC commented
          Editing a comment
          Do I use the spell? Of course I do. Sometimes it will go off if I time it right when a blue mage is present and sometimes not. It's really up to me and my own skill. But it doesn't bother me that others manage to get it off on my base all that much even when I've moved all my blue mages up front. I think the spell and mages work fine as they are and they should be left alone.

If it wasn't a blue spell then I would agree.. only reason people like it is because their fly skills are weak.. also shows you don't help defend much..

monkey: not a bad ideal.. as long as the blue mage has a purpose, to aka stop blue spells

Comment

Once the spell is triggered, the forces of nature take over. At that point, a mage tower should not be able to stop it. Mage towers are very powerful, we shouldn't be asking for them to make bases nearly invulnerable.

Comment

• Talarius
            Talarius commented
            Editing a comment
            It does. It prevents casting when in range. When running, it's no longer a blue spell. The clouds have already gathered and it's time to feel Thor's wrath.

• Texreb
            Texreb commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol.. TS abuser 👆🏼

• Kittens
            Kittens commented
            Editing a comment
            If you think that's true for thunderstorm, why not all other blue skills? I mean like shields, battle cry, etc. Do you think one skill should get this special treatment, or should all blue spells be immune to blue towers after the initial use?

I agree with Cap', leave it alone.
          What in the world would prompt you to ask PG to effectively "nerf" yet another dragon?
          How long have you played, or have you not experienced working your "butt"
          off to get a dragon to a usable level, just to have it neutered?
          Or are you unaware once "changes" start happening with PG a lot of "unexpected" repurcussiins can occur.

Comment

• Texreb
            Texreb commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I'm 204.. but I like to have stuff that actually works like it is supposed to.. blue mage should block blue spells..

I see y'all like a cheap way out from actually using flying skills

Rather than asking PG to intervene, I'll always opt for the "cheap way"... 🤓

Comment

Working...
          X