Recruitment .. WTF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruitment .. WTF?

Who else is sick to death of being flooded with join requests ? and seriously ? Gold teams ? and the location of the 'join' button is dangerous with people accidentally hitting it.

How about giving us protection from the never ending flood of join requests .. can we perhaps choose to turn them off ? and also can you move the join button to somewhere more reasonable ?

I love the idea.

As a work around for for now I don't even open them. I select them on the list of messages and delete them so I don't accidentally hit a join button. The only ones I open are when a leader or officer sends me a personal note to explain to them I'm not moving so they won't keep trying.
    What, me worry?

Comment

Yep super annoying the entire recruiting system in this game is a joke.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Yep the whole thing needs a overhaul
          1. We need to be able to choose not to be able to receive recruitment mail this means that the mail will have a better chance of finding a valid target.
          2. We need a cap on recruitment instead of it mail banning you for 2 days if you go accidentally over 180 invites.
          3. We need to have filters for level, medal, activity and language when we send out.
          4. The replace low activity setting should save itself to the last setting (or move this setting so the team leader can set it with other items in team meeting hall) we shouldn't have to untick it every time.
          5. The sent recruitment mail should either be in a separate tab or there should be an auto delete option rather than me having to manually go and delete it.

Comment

• gaza8143
            gaza8143 commented
            Editing a comment
            Accurately sums up the system faults and limitations.

• vin28
            vin28 commented
            Editing a comment
            To elaborate on the 5th point, since we now have a limit of 75 on the sent tab sending recruitment mail = deleting your sent mail. I guess most people will not random recruit henceforth.
            CampusLifer Echo

• IllyriaAus
            IllyriaAus commented
            Editing a comment
            i think it would be good if we could customise our invites as well ... so we can set out our team rules when sending join requests

War Dragons badly needs a proper recruitment interface and has for a long time. Its probably the worst recruitment system ive seen in any game ive played.

Comment

I literally never get these random invites, I wonder why that is? Very strange.
            _____________🗡🐥🔪_____________

Comment

• Lx460
              Lx460 commented
              Editing a comment
              I will send one to you.

You should receive invites if you are an an active player on a low activity team. Is that the case?

Comment

• SilentOne
              SilentOne commented
              Editing a comment
              If players are happy on a low active team they shouldn't have to receive invites though.

• CaptainC
              CaptainC commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly, what Silent said. I created my own team due to the fact that real life keeps me from being as reliable as I used to be and I didn't want to let my team down. But I literally get flooded with invites daily. It's extremely annoying. I don't care about the list above all that much. I'd just like an on/off switch if you don't want to receive these invites.
              Last edited by CaptainC; 1 week ago.

• IllyriaAus
              IllyriaAus commented
              Editing a comment
              Well that would explain why I get so many.

Our research has shown a couple of things:

*) On average, high activity player is much more likely to quit playing the game if they're on a low activity team. They're much less likely to quit if they switch to an active team, even if it's lower ranked.

*) Many active teams struggle to find active players to join them, especially newer lower ranked ones.

This feature is intended to address both problems. Ideally when one of these active players has a frustrating day (my team didnt do their war attacks --- AGAIN!) they choose to hit the "join" button from the invite in their inbox instead of rage quitting the game.

Comment

• vin28
              vin28 commented
              Editing a comment
              lol there are 99 reasons why I would rage quit the game. My team, however inactive, is not one of them. I literally mentioned this yesterday
              http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/for...st-few-updates

• NUM1PHAT
              NUM1PHAT commented
              Editing a comment
              LoL, I've commented on this response already, and its apparently been removed. SMH

Active players aren't hard to find, but are hard to recruit. The lower ranked ones get quickly discouraged from playing because the "good" incentives are simply out of reach for them unless they spend an arm and a leg. <----- That is the main reason why people quit.

I agree with Vin28 on his overhaul ideas. The "Auto" recruit button needs to be customizable. I want active players, but a team-member that I cannot communicate with is almost a useless as an inactive member.

• IllyriaAus
              IllyriaAus commented
              Editing a comment
              I can assure you that i'm more likely to quit the game if i'm SPAMMED by team invites than being in a low activity team.

What makes you think that people are leaving because of low activity ? My (limited) experience is that many people get to about level 100 and they're bored with the groundhog nature of the game so they leave .. most of our losses are between level 100-120. Maybe look at breaking up the monotony ?

FYI I get bored spitless at having to defend my team against the constant attacks by cowardly teams at the top of a league who get their points by hitting the bottom teams over and over again. Seemingly too scared to take on those teams around their level.

Hi. I agree this button would be better if it was more customizable (e.g., ability to filter to only other people who also speak Japanese). This button was created a long time ago. I've explained the original hypothesis which was the reason we built it, but I sorta agree it doesn't work as well as we'd like. Should we really throw more resources into something weak just because we already did some of it? Business philosophy books call that the "sunk cost fallacy" and advise that you should work on other things which are higher value rather than keep working on something like that

Comment

• Flames0
              Flames0 commented
              Editing a comment
              Higher value to whom?

Books say a lot of things, some useful some not, but the most successful businesses are not run from books but by adapting to customer needs and wants, even when sometimes that means taking a hit to the bottom line to do so.

The improvements that could be made to this function are many, and would have an big impact on quality of life for many players - and that heightens the general sense of satisfaction felt when playing the game, so there are knock-on effects of carrying out what might at first glance be minor improvements. In addition, if it came at the cost of, let's say, new runes or working spells, then I'd agree that those should take priority, but unfortunately we are not seeing that happen, rather, time seems to be being spent on rather inconsequential cosmetic changes.

I think that it would be WAY more useful if we could look for people who haven't been kicked from other teams for skipping wars .. we've recruited using that button players at level 30+ that have a zero war score ...

Comment

Working...
            X