Announcement

Collapse

New Forums are now up!

Greetings Dragon Lords! Please visit our new forums at http://forums.wardragons.com! We're leaving this old forum up for a period of time to allow players to migrate over any important posts, but will eventually close them out. Please note that you will need to log in using your PocketID over on the new forum. You can also access them through the game by tapping on Settings > Forums!
See more
See less

League Restructure is the laziest BS you have ever pulled PG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please note, this is only the initial step in our league restructuring process. This was a needed step and is taking place so that we can phase in the structure changes instead of cramming everything in at the same time exposing ourselves to more potential bugs. There are future player benefiting changes coming, this is only step 1 of the process. Please reserve judgement for when the future changes are rolled out. These changes are dependent on app store updates so will take some more time to roll out.

Currently teams should be placed in divisions based on their global rating, so the closest 25 elo rated teams globally should be in the same division as you.

Comment

• TheBulldog
      TheBulldog commented
      Editing a comment
      Wars are a joke anyway Echo

If you are nerfing prizes for established teams then don't get upset like a child over it. Get ready for the heat. Because it's coming.

As one of those teams 26-50 I'll most certainly throw a tonne of wars to drop out to face easy teams for EASY rewards. PG has made an effort of basically screwing those who work hard. Look at diamond? Super tough to be competitive. For no reward. Basically you are grabbing the rest of us by the balls and twisting with all your might. What a joke.

• gaza8143
      gaza8143 commented
      Editing a comment
      Echo is that code for "holy shit we screwed this one up lets deflect with more changes to follow?"
      Last edited by gaza8143; 05-24-2017, 03:33 AM.

• Hogey
      Hogey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hooooooly cow. Everyone put your big boy pants on and stop feeling so entitled. The alternative is tons of bugs. Some people are just going to complain no matter what. They try to prevent bugs you complain, they create bugs you complain, they do nothing you complain... wow.

The competition is not the bad thing, I think the biggest issue we all have would be the prizes being the same throughout every sapphire league... why would we want bottom sapphire prizes for warring all the time and having a better rating then others! Also I don't know of many 1800-1900 teams that hit bottom teams(1400s). Nothing to gain. Also Echo response saying it is setting up for future changes is super vague. Is that as clear as you can make this for us??
    Last edited by PAIN; 05-23-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• vin28
      vin28 commented
      Editing a comment
      Next event is KOTH which is anyway dominated by a top team now there are 5-10 of them which basically means instead of top 3 we will be lucky if we are ranked between 10 and 20 this event. Also individual prizes are going to take a dump because all of the beefy teams are in my league.

You're doing this the last 2 weeks of the season? Sounds smart. So will a rank #1 team in sapphire 1 get the same prizes as a rank #1 team in sapphire 4? Or will prizes be adjusted accordingly before the next event starts?

Comment

• vin28
      vin28 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, till the update for restructuring drops and note that apple takes at least 7-10 days to approve an update. So unless their update is pre-approved and ready to roll out tomorrow this means the next 1-2 events are gonna suck big time.

• Texreb
      Texreb commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad I gave up on this season a long time ago..allowed me to save money to use on stuff that isn't screwed up so easily..I feel like this is PGs way of making the game worse so when they make changes it seems like they are doing a lot

My guild was #1 in our league, now we're #10. It seems to me we should be 8th at worst, we're #33 globally.

Last edited by Talarius; 05-23-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Echo sorry but that is a garbage response. If you have the actual restructuring and all the information then you should share it with the damn players. Your vagueness and the overall hidden agenda of PG is OLD. for fucks sake, do what you keep telling us you will do and be transparent about this restructuring.

Comment

• TheBulldog
        TheBulldog commented
        Editing a comment
        Garbage is exactly what this is @echo

Fucking zero respect for players.

Wait how long till u roll out this restructuring ? Same time as the epically failed boats to go live?

Meanwhile I'm getting a love tap from Jessica alba.

Same logic applies.

• cbwolfe
        cbwolfe commented
        Editing a comment
        Meh. It's fine with me. Yes, events are gonna suck this week. I'm ok with it, personally. But I'm not a whiny bitch like the majority of the player base.

Hey pg,
      as you may have noticed there is some kind of social aspect in this game. We were like a big family in our platinum league and now every team is anywhere.
      Is there a possibility to get the old teams together again???
      thanks for taking the fun out of the game

tom
      Last edited by TomTom; 05-24-2017, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• SilentOne
        SilentOne commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure there is, work your way into the same global rankings area then you'll all be back together again.

• cbwolfe
        cbwolfe commented
        Editing a comment
        That shouldn't be the case. It's cool to be ok with some teams but it's silly to be friends with every team or even your whole league.

For once I actually commend pg. This is how the game leagues should've always been structured.

It allows teams to compete with levels that are similar to their own. It will create more competition between lower ranking teams.

Only thing I see are spoilt high ranking sapphire teams complaining about having to work like every other team does for the rewards. It's never been a fair system with regards to events. This to me is fair. You're team can't hack it, drop leagues. Easy as that.

In context of things, it's just as hard for a level 70 to compete against teams containing level 200 players. At least this way lower ranking teams have a chance.

I'm actually in a league where people are excited to play the event because the leagues are even, and any team could win.

Well done pg

Comment

• TheBulldog
        TheBulldog commented
        Editing a comment
        So Kirsty it makes sense that we should drop from 26 globally to 101 globally for the same prizes?

That's what people are annoyed about. I relish the competition but you need to reward it or the system fails. Everyone will start dropping wars to intentionally get easy event poolings. We know wars mean nothing and this has given us MORE motivation to declare and throw em to drop down.

It's a stupid move.

• Mechengg
        Mechengg commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that you should drop down to 151 or 201 to make the competition even easier!! @bulldog

• Sabin76
        Sabin76 commented
        Editing a comment
        "You're team can't hack it, drop leagues. Easy as that."

That's the problem. They will. And when your (and my) lower league is filled with these higher level teams that have dropped wars to be in "easier" minileagues, the burden then shifts to us to drop down even further because we can no longer compete in them.

This was a much needed step in the league restructure. Unfortunately, without any motivation to stay in those tough leagues (better prizes), the system breaks down. Teams were ALREADY dropping to lower leagues for easier individual prizes. This just incentivizes them 10 times more to keep doing it.

Once again, PG prove they can't communicate worth a damn. If they'd explain their plan properly instead of telling us bits and pieces in typically vague fashion, maybe, just maybe, people wouldn't be in here complaining.

Comment

Echo PGJared
        You really should adjust sapphire (and all other lower leagues) to include a number.
        Sapphire #1, sapphire #2, platinum #1, and so on.

Comment

Again it's the same level of competition. Why shouldn't the lowers get the same rewards when they're putting in the same amount of effort?

its just as hard like I said for a player attacking the bases around their level and higher. It just eases it a little for them.

What is needed is a higher league between diamond and sapphire.

Comment

• Rakic
            Rakic commented
            Editing a comment
            No it's not. That is what sapphire was supposed to be. A higher league between platinum and diamond because everyone was bitching about the exact same things. All that happened was the problem shifted from top of platinum to the top of sapphire. The answer is absolutely not making more leagues. Otherwise in 6 month, we will need another league in between diamond the the newly created teenage mutant ninja sapphire. Soon the will have to start making wood and paper leagues because they will have run out of precious metals and stones. I really wish people would quit suggesting that. Sounds to me like sapphire has been to fixed to be what it should have been from the start.

• gaza8143
            gaza8143 commented
            Editing a comment
            Problem is Kristy all us big teams will throw wars and be partying with your team - do you see the issue yet? There is no incentive for teams 40-200 to beat on each other for low points when we can tank down to bottom sapphire and pick on the tiny teams.

• Euphy
            Euphy commented
            Editing a comment
            By that logic, the team rewards should be exactly the same throughout all leagues. Diamond shouldn't have higher team rewards than bronze, because the teams in those leagues are putting in the same amount of effort to battle teams of similar strength.

As a leader of one of the top sapphire teams I have to agree with this what was already said. 👍 I can understand that PG's are trying to find balance between teams and leagues, however this is TOTALLY WRONG WAY!! We ended up in something like 2nd diamond league with all the teams ranked 26-50 globally. In fact, it's great to see all the friends from other teams 😄 However we are supposed to fight hard and get lower prizes than teams way weaker!! Not only tough fight for individual points, but also we will get lower team prize than teams which would earn probably much less team points if they would be compated with us in the same league! The team prize till now was worth fighting. We don't mind figh hard!! It's fun. But we want appropriate reward for our effort, time and used stuff/money 😈

Two possible ways how to balance teams, leagues or points:

1. Two diamond leagues with 50 teams and 4 sapphire leagues with 200 teams. Same as diamond - not only the points earned, but also global position should be checked for promotion. Way better rewards in the higher league. This can make the competition better and more fair for all. If you make the same with platinum league (let say 800 teams) it will also help to revive gold and silver league, which are almost dead now....

2. The individual points for defeating higher target shoud be SIGNIFICANTLY higher!! This way there won't be any reason to look for ways how to fight in lower leagues with lower targets for almost the same points (like it works now). If I can get 150 points for defeating easy target with one naked dragon or 160 points for defeating hard target with three fully bossted dragons - what do you think I'm going to do??? It's easy economy 😉

Please, make the game FAIR AND FUN!!!
          Last edited by LaDunian; 05-24-2017, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• Marvin Lamb
            Marvin Lamb commented
            Editing a comment
            I disagree.

Every single league (grouping of 25) needs different prizes now. With the bottom team getting a slightly better prize than than the top team in the next lower league (grouping of 25).

In particular, start giving lots of hammers and war materials because lots of wars will be very difficult now.
            Last edited by Marvin Lamb; 05-24-2017, 04:38 AM.

Well is that not what happened anyway?

High ranking teams that couldn't/didn't want to compete in diamond dropped to sapphire for an easy ride. Well it won't be as easy anymore. It's levelled the playing field.

I've no doubt or disillusion that teams will drop to easier competition. But that's what it's all about. Having to work for your rewards. It's unsettled now. But things will calm down. The problem with that is the teams that do drop end up again in huge stalemate unable to war for fear of gaining points and increase in global ranking points. I know I'd rather have a league where it's interesting and competitive.

People are trying to be preemptive and guess PGs plans. The point is that you all fail to grasp is the lower ranking teams require the same rewards in order to build grow and compete. Otherwise they'll get left even further behind.

The gap between the teams in leagues was stupid. But suggesting that it's harder because you're competing against similar level players it's the same in every league now. It's just sad that people can't see how this is to benefit all teams not a few. And just seems the higher ranking teams are scared of a little hard work.

I agree Rakic it's how the leagues should've always been structured. But complaining about same rewards as lower sapphire leagues, then why not introduce a new tier to enable better team and league rewards.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
            TheRedDelilah commented
            Editing a comment
            Simply putting a "new tier" didn't work and won't work. All the leagues need to be based on the same qualifier (global rank) and the rewards need to be different and WORTH being competitive for. That's why people sandbag out of diamond - the differences in rewards just don't cut it.

While intrinsic motivation is all well and good, people need both intrinsic and extrinsic if we are to expect and balanced and stable environment. Why should a team like Eq or FG or any of them have to fight each other when they could fight a significantly smaller team for the same exact rewards? Because they wanna be a higher rank? Yeah...relying on just that has been working SO well...

The thing is, it was always going to be controversial. Regardless of what the rewards are teams we're always gonna drop for better individual points. But suggesting that it's not hard work, or equally as hard for lower ranking teams in sapphire, just because the levels are lower is looking at the game blindly. Like I said it's levelled the playing field. Those that want to be the best in sapphire will compete those that won't will drop. Was always going to happen.

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
            TheRedDelilah commented
            Editing a comment
            Why should my team get the same rewards at FG when they have to do King of the Hill with 200 level 300s in their league? We shouldn't. That's the point. Fine, it's hard for your small team. Then why don't bronze teams deserve the same team rewards as your team, bronze is hard for them?

• DaBomb
            DaBomb commented
            Editing a comment
            Not a bad point. Take extrinsic out of the equation altogether 😬 scrap all the leagues and let the teams duke it out at all levels. Those who want to win will and those who don't won't. Makes as much sense as people complaining that they now have to work for their individual achievements when they didn't before.

If adding a league (between Sapphire and Diamond and scaled rewards) for those teams who won't be sandbagging isn't the answer than the "give Bronze the same prizes" is a circular argument. Teams who want to be top will always be top. Teams and players who want max reward for min effort will do that too - no matter what the prizes. Need to wait and see what PG have in store next to truly see.

For the record, I am a supporter of your original proposal.
            Last edited by DaBomb; 05-24-2017, 06:18 AM. Reason: Wonky emoji typo

• JennyD
            JennyD commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a good way to put it, Red. I don't think people are afraid of "working hard" or being challenged. But it costs boosts and spells to succeed against teams that are higher than you are. As a (hypothetically) level 140 in a (hypothetically) level 15 Sapphire team, why would I want to beat my head against the wall spending money trying to win against teams I can't beat when I could get better rewards for less time/effort/money by dropping down a few levels. All that time/effort/money should give me some return in extra rewards, otherwise why do it? It's the only reason teams ever bother to fight their way up to gold, then platinum then Sapphire in the first place. Better rewards. If the rewards are the same at every level, why bother?

Being like Bulldog on a 26-50 team I can only say:

way to go to duck all smaller team mates on the FINAL two weeks of the season all over! They have heavily relied on individual prizes to get the stuff or dragon stone they want now we are together with 24 diamond worth teams facing 170+ Lv 300+ countless 200+ and end up with bottom sapphire team prizes.

incompetent, incapable and ignorant. Triple iii that's what you are

Comment

In what universe is it fair for a level 150 on Warlord's team hitting 200+ bases to get worse individual and team prizes than a 150 on global 551 in Sapphire 23 hitting 80s, 90s and 100s?

Imagine how the Diamond teams would feel if teams way below them in rankings actually got easier and superior team and individual rewards.

Comment

Working...
            X