Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only shortfall is the epic invincibility runes with freeze and second tier were previously epic on fae, now the second bit does nothing. Other than that thanks for the new runes

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by EggToken View Post
        Hi All. I'd like to provide an update on this topic after talking with the team:

Didn't Receive Runes for a Dragon?
        We're in the process of investigating a few reports of players with Tengu who did not receive Chaos runes. So far it's a small handful of reports, but if any other cases of this show up, let us know, as the team is triaging any missing rune credits so we can get these runes to the people who are missing them.

Rune Dust Credit
        The amount of 4 million dust took into account salvaging the old runes to help with upgrading the new ones. Since we're crediting thousands of players dust for upgrading runes, it was not possible resource-wise to know exactly how much dust each player would need to level up runes to their previous power level. Keep in mind that not everyone has their runes maxed out, and we believe that this amount of 4M dust per dragon is reasonable for the vast amount of players who own these dragons.

Different Rune Secondary Modifiers
        The new runes might not be a perfect 1:1 of the previous runes, but this was a conscious balance decision to account for the battle strength of the dragons affected. Some people may feel upset that their perfect OP dragon is not as OP as before, and I can understand how that is frustrating. However, there will be more runes coming in the future which may better fit what people are looking for.

We'll continue monitoring this thread moving forward, so please discuss any other problems that pop up!
        I didn't receive the runes for Fae on both of my accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by EggToken View Post
          Hi All. I'd like to provide an update on this topic after talking with the team:

Didn't Receive Runes for a Dragon?
          We're in the process of investigating a few reports of players with Tengu who did not receive Chaos runes. So far it's a small handful of reports, but if any other cases of this show up, let us know, as the team is triaging any missing rune credits so we can get these runes to the people who are missing them.

Rune Dust Credit
          The amount of 4 million dust took into account salvaging the old runes to help with upgrading the new ones. Since we're crediting thousands of players dust for upgrading runes, it was not possible resource-wise to know exactly how much dust each player would need to level up runes to their previous power level. Keep in mind that not everyone has their runes maxed out, and we believe that this amount of 4M dust per dragon is reasonable for the vast amount of players who own these dragons.

Different Rune Secondary Modifiers
          The new runes might not be a perfect 1:1 of the previous runes, but this was a conscious balance decision to account for the battle strength of the dragons affected. Some people may feel upset that their perfect OP dragon is not as OP as before, and I can understand how that is frustrating. However, there will be more runes coming in the future which may better fit what people are looking for.

We'll continue monitoring this thread moving forward, so please discuss any other problems that pop up!
          I didn't receive the runes for Fae on both of my accounts.

Comment

I receive 2 mystic invert and 2 legendary invert and dust. Nothing concerning ice or havok

Comment

• TheRedDelilah
              TheRedDelilah commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you have Tengu and Phasmos?

EggToken and PG staff,

Thank you for the generosity in giving Runes to everyone with everyone that may have dragons negatively impacted by the tune change. Did it give an unfair advantage to some players? Without a doubt. However, I recognize that this is a distinct advantage to the playerbase as a whole (rather than one that purely benefits the bottom line). Thank you for this thought.

Some people have done the math (I haven't yet) about if the sum of the dust given with the dust from salvaging their runes was adequate. Please look into this, I'll try to do some math as well.

If we have other runes (other rarity, freeze on Phasmos, etc) can we mail support with screenshots and expect compensation on a personal level?
            Love Red,

Leader of Rulith
            Lover of Spreadsheets

Helpful Threads:
            How to Build YOUR Ultimate Breeding Path
            Red's Breeding Paths: Sapphire to Emerald

Rulith's Website:
            All Breeding Paths
            Red's Guide to Flying Hunters
            Dragon's, etc.

Social:
            Twitter - @TheRedDelilah
            Twitch

Comment

• NukSooAL
              NukSooAL commented
              Editing a comment
              If you play these types of games long enogh you accept that Sometimes you'll end up on right side and other times the wrong side of these type of things.

I planned to get fae after I maxed asters branch and I still intend to but id be lying if I said it didn't sting a bit knowing by doing it in that order I missed out on 8 million dust and 4 runeglyph but it is what it is and congratulation to all that have benefitted.

Can someone tell me what we were supposed to have received? I got runes for Nightshade and Tengu, but I also have Kelvin and I didn't get runes for him. Was I supposed to?
            I don't have Fae so it makes sense that I didn't get runes for him. Are there more dragons we were supposed to get runes for?

Comment

• Dakhunter
              Dakhunter commented
              Editing a comment
              I have nightshade, Kelvin, and tengu. Only got compensation for Kelvin and nightshade but not tengu.
              We were supposed to get all runes for those dragons despite of their level. I'm still waiting for mine. Gonna bug support again after 24hr

Yeah... this is absolutely less confusing than before...

Comment

EggToken you need to let us remove and reuse the reverse runes we had on Nightshade.

For the record, none of this Rune crap was ever confusing, everyone who could read knew what was going on or knew who to ask about this extremely simple concept. You people chose to fix a non-problem and create huge problems out of nothing. This has been an unnecessary process and shows another example of the skewed priorities inside your office.

Comment

I had a base I was using Expert Nightshade on to help level my lower dragons. Since you have nerfed his abilities, and even now with the replacement runes he is no longer able to complete that same run. So one weakened dragon has slowed down my entire progress within the game.

Comment

More than 24hr since the compensation gift and I'm still missing my gift for tengu. Please update everyone EggToken when you are back

Comment

I'm happy with the compensation. It worked for me. Great job, PG.

Comment

• Oldmandragon
                      Oldmandragon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol. That's good to know. But it also helps me see the comparison

I'm sure at the end of the day, I'm just going to have to be happy with the way it is. I can whine about it, and likely will,
                      But I'm not hopeful for an actual fair exchange of wares. Mostly I'm jut trying to stay on them about it, so that at the very least, they don't begin thinking they can just do this and it's always going to be ok.

I've still yet to rationalize what exactly possessed them to take something and then try and give less back than they took.

Thanks for the response.

• cbwolfe
                      cbwolfe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oldmandragon for further comparison, I'm a free player. I started in September of 2015. I pay for elite with rubies. In my 18+ months of gameplay I've bought value packs twice, 2 $20 packs, each was about 12 months apart. Since I essentially have zero money invested in the game, it's easy to have my viewpoint.

As far as the rest, I don't know. Hell, they probably have a TOS loophole that lets them do it. Probably have one that lets them date your mom, too.

• Oldmandragon
                      Oldmandragon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol. I'll laugh and have to agree cause I do see your intended brevity but please don't talk about my mom. That's just never cool to do.
                      I'm able to look at it from a third person perspective and all but a man is no kind of man if he allows a mom comment to go unchecked.

I wanted to wait for my ticket to be resolved before I post so here is my feedback:

I got rune packages for Nightshade and Kelvin and after writing a ticket I also received runes for Fae.
                    However I was not too happy about the different secondary effects as they are all useless for me.
                    XP secondary for an experted Nightshade and Cannon Resist for Fae, really?
                    Also since the skills are now split in two, there are hardly any other dragons I can use them on but I won't whine about it too much since the compensation was for the mentioned dragons.

So basically what has the whole "break it, then try fix it" project brought us?
                    - More confusion
                    - More dilution of silver chests
                    - Less chances of a rune offered in season/event prizes or chests to be worthy for our dragons
                    - Worse secondary effects in the compensation packs

BUT: Good news for us (the players): If I'm not completely wrong it seems like Reverse Projectile runes AND Invert runes work on Nightshade. I just left the runes on him that were changed to RP and he has a solid ~3sec Invert duration. On my alt I applied the compensated Invert runes and his NS also has a pretty solid Invert duration now.

I hope you won't attempt to "fix" this aswell because everyone might blame me for pointing it out but in the end I what I learned was:
                    1) Don't trust PG when they say they will fix or compensate you
                    2) If it works too well, they will break it soon
                    3) If it doesn't work well, they will either not care or try to fix it but break it in a way you never imagined

These are my honest feelings as you asked for our feedback. Please excuse me if you find any content "toxic" as I'm trying to put it as nice as I can.

By the way, the support team was very nice and fast.
                    MareZ ~ lvl20X ~ Garnet Tier Dragons

Important Threads to find everything you need

Comment

• Spooky
                      Spooky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah. I was both over and undercompensated. Two of my comp dragons had no runes equipped while the other two now have extra utterly worthless runes/glyphs (RP and Havoc) with no redress.

I found the stealth change to secondary effects to be quite disappointing since unless I missed a post buried somewhere, at no point did PG disclose that the new runes were in part to address and weaken so-called OP dragons. It was always pitched as a move to clarify rune functionality, never as a rebalance (again, unless I missed a post).

This is yet another undisclosed change to add to an unacceptable recent uptick in communication shortfalls.

• Oldmandragon
                      Oldmandragon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol. I wondered about that as well. The now reverse projectile runes working with NS's invert. Egg token clearly said the name of those runes I had equipped would be changed but never actually said they would not continue to work.

I haven't tried it, to be honest. I also won't be removing them as each and every rune and glyph that has a secondary effect are all rage. Regardless of the priority effect of the runes and glyphs, the secondary being rage, well, rage is still rage. I'll take my chances and since I don't even fly the dragon, except in rare backbup cases, may as well leave well enough alone.
                      PG could learn from that. Leaving well enough alone.

Thanks for the post. May have to see how the ol girl handles and report back if those equipped runes still increase the invert duration.

For the record, and still patiently waiting, I've yet to hear back from them this week regarding my ingame ticket. Guess when you cuss and pitch a fit too much on the forum, it sort of moves you down the list in priority responses. Either that or they're hoping I just quit.

Anyone else noticed Rage glyphs don't seem to be working? I have +22.2% rage on 1 dragon split between 2 runes and 2 glyphs and it takes the exact same amount of time to fill a bar of rage that a dragon with no runes at all has.

Comment

• Oldmandragon
                      Oldmandragon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Doesn't surprise me.

If before these corrections a player put a mythic reverse projectile rune on Nightshale who has invert, will the rune work?

Comment

• ITIL
                      ITIL commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Reverse Projectile runes aren't meant to work on Invert, but it seems like they do from MareZ's post a couple above yours.

Excerpt:
                      "BUT: Good news for us (the players): If I'm not completely wrong it seems like Reverse Projectile runes AND Invert runes work on Nightshade. I just left the runes on him that were changed to RP and he has a solid ~3sec Invert duration. On my alt I applied the compensated Invert runes and his NS also has a pretty solid Invert duration now."

• Oldmandragon
                      Oldmandragon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Considering Marez's post. Possibly. I haven't tried mine. But I think it's important to note that the reverse projectile runes actually used to be invert runes and may be why they are working. They are not supposed to and I would wager adding any actual reverse projectile runes to an invert spell now, would not have any effect. But sounds like there's a chance bug that is allowing the now renamed runes to continue to work as they did before.

• Mr.Smy Lee
                      Mr.Smy Lee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, guess I didn't that bug. They put a pretty solid "fix" on me. Everything was broken/stolen with dreadful efficiency. Well, exquisite efficiency actually, just dreadful on my end. Oh, and hey PG, I'm still not using that invert rune shaped turd you gave me, I'm actually better off leaving the old one in and getting the rage out of it. Break my invert, I'll boost my Crumble, screw you.
                      Oh and a question for ITIL: So at level 100, and as far as I know, I've never even seen a dragon with "invert" until Nightshade. The few times in the past that I asked about the whole reverse/invert thing, I was always just told that they were the same thing that some idiot programmer used to different names interchangeably on. Hmm, I guess I don't really know what my question was. But I guess I'm wondering if I'm still to low of a level for me to see invert on dragons (other than NS)? Not sure what level your at. But yeah, just looked through my drags, no inverts up through the golds I have. All reverse. And I swear I used to always get invert runes never seeing reverse runes. Of course now that they've changed all the names around and now officially have split the spells into their own thing I have no proof of my claim. Anyways, as the unwritten laws of online forums states, I'll be expecting one helpful/honest response, one PG response , "We're sorry..........WE'RE NOT SORRY HAHAHAHA!!!", and one person should tell all about how I'm such a moron (or something equivalent). Cheers.
                  Working...
                  X