This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v3.00 Rune Issue Post-Crediting Thread

Hi All. To keep things organized, I've created this thread for any issues, reactions, and feedback following our crediting of Runes and Rune Dust for the changes to Havoc/Chaos, Freeze/Ice Shock, and Reverse Projectiles/Invert. I'll be closing the previous thread, so please post here with your comments. Thanks!

Got compensate runes and rune dusts for Shade.
    Sadly the second effect of the Mythic invert is xp boost to me. I think nobody need extra xp for shade...
    Expect rage boost like the old one.

Anyway, thank you so much PG!
    Last edited by DracolichKing; 04-14-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

EggToken Received the new glyphs and runes and dust. Thanks. Some feedback/queries though:

1. The Frost shock glyph has changed

Used to be Freeze/Frost shock and Invincibility
      is now Frost shock and lightning resist

This is quite a bit worse, since the invincibility duration is super useful on Fae....

Any chance of fixing this?

2. The Ice Shock rune also has Cannon resist as a secondary, which neither of the dragons in game that have frost shock, has as a resist? (fae & phasmos)

3. The Chaos runes - secondary effect also Cannon resist, which neither of the dragons in game that have chaos has a resist for? (tengu & fae)
      Last edited by gox1201; 04-14-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• SuavGlav
        SuavGlav commented
        Editing a comment
        You guys also didn't mention that any of the abilities on any of these replacement runes was going to change; you said this was happening to reduce confusion as to which dragons they apply to. I also don't see any consideration for any epic runes that were applied/maxed-- almost 64k dust per rune...

Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but you're only offering 3/4 of the horse... You guys need to at *least* compensate the full value of what you swapped... EggToken, this is your all-hands-on-deck moment. Please respond as soon as possible.
        Last edited by SuavGlav; 04-14-2017, 03:33 PM.

I didn't receive the Fae gift. And I have to agree with King, wisdom as a secondary is horrid.
      x7DeadlyGoobsx

Comment

EggToken, is rune dust being calculated based on the level of runes people currently have attached to the affected dragons? Asking because if I have a maxed mythic Invert (now Reverse Projectiles) from the original Nightshade divine prize tier, the cost to max that rune was 4,491,000 dust on its own. The legendary comes out to 550,900. So the two replacement runes (not counting any rares or epics which no longer work) cost 1,041,900 additional rune dust over what was credited to elevate them back to where they were before the switch...

Comment

• NukSooAL
          NukSooAL commented
          Editing a comment
          Nah everyone got the same compensation regardless of level my buddy has a green fae with only branch finished up to green stone, 0 runes equipped and he got 8 million dust plus 4 runes

• Mr.Smy Lee
          Mr.Smy Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          Nuk, I only got 4M dust and three runes.

• NukSooAL
          NukSooAL commented
          Editing a comment
          For fae? I have the SS that my buddysent me for his fae he got 8m dust and four runes 2 ice shock and 2 chaos

In addition to the previous two comments, this whole thing just screwed me big time and the fixed screwed me even more. My Nightshade has 3 reverse projectile runes. I have to scrap all 3 three now, can't even move them to another dragon that could use them. All I got was a replacement for the mythic? What about the other 2? Likewise my Fae has two havoc runes that now have to be replaced where as I was only given one. Also, Fae has a legendary invincibility with secondary freeze and a legendary freeze with secondary invincibility. Now that freeze is useless I basically lost 2 legendary runes there. And as previously mentioned, cannon resist is useless in the runes ya guys gifted. I want my secondary rage on nightshades mythic invert, not this XP crap. I get plenty of XP, rage is what I always need more of. And again coming off the previous, I already have a lightning resist rune on Fae, I don't need it as a secondary when the secondary I had was invincibility and that's what I/we wanted when we chose the rune in the first place.
        So In summary I'm losing 6 runes that I loved and strategically picked, and in return I get 3 runes with secondaries I didn't want. Or from the perspective of abilities, I'm losing about 10 abilities, and get 3 in return. I will say the 4M rune dust should cover the 6 runes worth of enhancements back to expert status. But other than that I'm pretty bummed out, I lost a ton of work with all this.

Comment

• SuavGlav
          SuavGlav commented
          Editing a comment
          Look at my math above (based on info from amoeba's website): the dust does NOT cover.

• Mr.Smy Lee
          Mr.Smy Lee commented
          Editing a comment
          damnit

• ESteele00
          ESteele00 commented
          Editing a comment
          Its covers once you dust the previous worthless runes

So let me see if I've got this straight.

If we had the dragon we all got all the runes for them. I have Fae, I'm not up to the second rune but I have already received it as a 'PG Stuffed' up gift.
        What happens if/when I get to that prize? Or even moreso, what happens if I never actually reach that prize?

Secondly, I had Invert on Nightshade, but never put it on Kelvin, I received a rune for each one.
        Is the one I received for Kelvin, only going to work on Kelvin, or can it be used anywhere? Freebie for a new dragon if I no longer use Kelvin.

I see on Nightshade that the Invert Rune was renamed Reverse Projectile rune, so obviously I need to salvage that and replace it.
        So what if I only got Nightshade to Gold stone, I salvage the Proectile rune for a load of dust. But now I have a new Mythic Invert to put on a new Event Dragon which I can get to Emerald stone.

In response to what you've done! In many ways very generous, in many ways unfair advantage.

But mostly, why on earth didn't you just change the name and functionality of the runes on the dragons we had?
        Why do we have to go through the salvage and equip process?
        As CaptainC has said elsewhere K.I.S. and I don't think you have done that with this process.

Also as others have mentioned, changing the rune capabilities isn't cool.

Comment

• ITIL
          ITIL commented
          Editing a comment
          It ignores what's on the actual dragon and its evolve stones. e.g. Nightshade is only to the green evo stone with various expert rare tier runes/glyphs and got credited with four million rune dust, 1 legendary invert glyph, and 1 mythic invert in a chest, which means that they're usable by any other dragon. Maybe the people who maxed out legendaries/mythics need to contact support separately?

• SilentOne
          SilentOne commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly my point! They've given runes to players who previously hadn't earned them. Overly generous and an unfair advantage since they didn't have those runes in the first place, can now place them anywhere they like and use rune dust which they never earned in the first place to level them up.

Personally I believe they have overcompensated on this one, but I know all those who got more than they had will definitely be singing PG praises here.

• War fan
          War fan commented
          Editing a comment
          I kept one of my (new) reverse projectile glyphs on nightshade because the secondary spell was rage.

Quick question, maybe this has already been answered, but here it is...why can we not change the mythic reverse rune with the mythic invert rune? We have to completely salvage the prior runs from nightshade before we can add the hot date mythic? Thanks for your help. As an FYI, I've had this issue with many runes, I can't swap or change them out I've got to salvage.

Comment

• ITIL
          ITIL commented
          Editing a comment
          The purpose of the runes/glyphs is to replace the now useless ones on the dragons; whether you choose to use them or not in this way is up to you. Not being able to reuse equipped runes/glyphs on dragons is intentional, much like soul-binding items in other games, though those can typically be unequipped and used by the same character later /tangent.

Reverse Projectiles is on more dragons (5 in orange, 2 divines in blue) than Invert, so that's probably why it worked out the way that it did.

At the end of the day:
        Duration: same
        Dust: -81k (expert->expert)
        Secondary skill: lose rage(very useful), gain XP (useless for 99% of people)
        All other equipped reverse projectile runes, glyphs, dust used to upgrade were not compensated for at all.

Comment

• SuavGlav
          SuavGlav commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you saying the cost in rune dust to expert the runes is -81k?

• Kittens
          Kittens commented
          Editing a comment
          I mean you lose that much. 4M + 400k(dusting reverse rune), costs 4.481M to level up the new one.

I haven't checked mine yet. But this doesn't sound anywhere near correct.

Comment

Hi All. I'd like to provide an update on this topic after talking with the team:

Didn't Receive Runes for a Dragon?
          We're in the process of investigating a few reports of players with Tengu who did not receive Chaos runes. So far it's a small handful of reports, but if any other cases of this show up, let us know, as the team is triaging any missing rune credits so we can get these runes to the people who are missing them.

Rune Dust Credit
          The amount of 4 million dust took into account salvaging the old runes to help with upgrading the new ones. Since we're crediting thousands of players dust for upgrading runes, it was not possible resource-wise to know exactly how much dust each player would need to level up runes to their previous power level. Keep in mind that not everyone has their runes maxed out, and we believe that this amount of 4M dust per dragon is reasonable for the vast amount of players who own these dragons.

Different Rune Secondary Modifiers
          The new runes might not be a perfect 1:1 of the previous runes, but this was a conscious balance decision to account for the battle strength of the dragons affected. Some people may feel upset that their perfect OP dragon is not as OP as before, and I can understand how that is frustrating. However, there will be more runes coming in the future which may better fit what people are looking for.

We'll continue monitoring this thread moving forward, so please discuss any other problems that pop up!

Comment

• SuavGlav
            SuavGlav commented
            Editing a comment
            PG is investigating reports that Skarr is now OP compared to other divine dragons from his season. He will be nerfed accordingly in the public square in the presence of the other dragons.

😑

• Mr.Smy Lee
            Mr.Smy Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Funny thing, when I noticed Nightshades Invert/Reverse was broken... again... I sent a nice little heads up message about it. The response stated that y'all were working on fixing it. Silly me thought you guys would do just that... ya know, fix it. I thought fix it meant something like... make it work again. You can imagine how excited I was to find out that I was just basically robbed of all my favorite things instead. oh and the make up gift was fantastic, it's like I acquired a real life light saber! And you took it and broke it to pieces, and you say oh sorry here take this cardboard center of a toilet paper roll. It's the same thing but it's been balanced out to account for the battle strength of the poor sucker that thought he could get away with having a real life light saber. The moral of this story, I'm pretty sure every single one of us just wanted the runes we had to, ya know, work... like they previously did. If they never worked that would be one thing, but they worked great. But seriously, how in the world, and who the hell, thought all this crap up thinking it would go over better than just making the broken runes work again. Did anyone ask for rune dust? Did anyone ask for new runes with abilities that don't even work with the affected dragons? In summary, What. The. Hell. PG? Hopefully this is my last rant, but no promises.

• Oldmandragon
            Oldmandragon commented
            Editing a comment
            This is some backwards ass thinking. Giving a blanket gift to all does not balance things. You're giving some people more than they actually had and other way less than they actually had and saying that creates balance. That's bullshit. That's all that creates.

Secondly, don't be condescending with me about "my OP dragon isn't OP anymore".
            I personally don't care. I don't even use nightshade anymore at this point. I sure as hell don't need a new mythic invert runes with an xp gain as a secondary effect for an expert dragon that is now below what would be considered my normal play level.
            Not to mention the fact that, unless there's some plans for another dragon in the future that will have invert, there's not one dragon left available for me to breed that would even remotely be considered useful and playable that has invert. So my "gift" is just clutter.
            You created the OP dragon. Not me. Not my problem. No reason to change anything equiped to my dragon.
            Change it, fine, but reimburse me exactly what you took. Real simple there.
            Last edited by Oldmandragon; 04-15-2017, 04:19 AM.

The in game mail stated, "thanks for your understanding".

While l appreciate the attempt, and the presumed optimism of my manner, I am not understanding.

This in know way shape or form replaces what is clearly already owned by me. And I do not use the term owned, lightly.
          Each and every one of those runes and glyphs I have equipped to nightshade, were invert, rage. Except for the rare.
          Thise runes already worked on my dragon. All of those were obtained either in a season dragon branch, or recent rewards. If those runes were obtained by me, which clearly they were, then I absolutely paid real money to achieve them. Garunteed.

You not only did not replace exactly what you made useless, you gave me new runes, that work with the dragon's spell again. Which means that's still a possibility to exist. But you chose, to steal, my secondary effects. With the new runes. You chose to rename what was sold to me under a different name for no good reason whatsoever, except, to clearly rob me of my experted runes, the dust used to Expert them, and the secondary rage effects.
          You can not sell something to someone, have them own it for an extended period of working time, then disable that, change it, and try to offer less than that as compensation. That is theft. It's probably way way worse from an actual business aspect.

I do not accept, the runes and dust you gave me. You did not give me what you took from me. You clearly have the ability to give me exactly what you took, and you shouldn't even attempt to give anyone any less than that.
          You just legally can not do what you have done. It would be different if you actually could not duplicate exactly what was changed. It would be a situation where one could be understanding. This is not the case. And you know it.

You are thieves. I have nothing but proof. We all, have nothing but proof.

The worse part, considering the runes and glyphs on my dragon, you didn't have to change the names of those at all, to make the clarifying name changes to runes going forward.

This is unacceptable.

I'mnot making threats, I'm stating the facts. Fact is, fix it. Get it right.
          Take your Easter holiday, hide till the resurrection if you must, but you will fix this.

This is appalling. There was not one good reason for you to change the name or effects of my working runes on my working dragon. The mythic invert was never for a reverse projectile spell on a dragon. It came with obtaining nightshade. Specifically. Never needed to be changed. Never.
          Even if you can offer me reasoning while you had to change every single rune and glyphs on my dragon, there's still no reason not to replace each and every one exactly. Even further, no reason not to give those runes and glyphs those same secondary effects.

The argument that those types just dont don't exist anymore. Isn't valid. It doesn't exist in a rational world. You manufacture what you implement in game. Therefor, you can replace those specifically, just like they are. And are simply choosing not to. The problem is, I paid for those. You sort of have to replace those. Exactly as they are.

Unacceptable. Take this shit that you gave me back. I don't want it.
          Give me exactly what you taken from me, or just simply change the names of the ones equipped to my dragon.
          Seems way more simple. I don't want new anything. I want exactly what I paid for.

Comment

• Oldmandragon
            Oldmandragon commented
            Editing a comment
            I sent in a support ticket with various tags for the company forum personalities I deemed applicable to handle this further.

• NukSooAL
            NukSooAL commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree completely and I suspect that it has more to do with diluting silver drops after they finally update runes then helping us understand which runes work with which dragons. Personal peev I planned to get fae next stings missing out on that 8million dust and 4 runes.

• SilentOne
            SilentOne commented
            Editing a comment
            I loved the 'Thanks for your understanding' bit.
            Straight away the chats lit up with hey PG just gave me runes for no reason, and why didn't I get something for Easter etc.
            Clearly we have yet another case of poor communications.

I would also like to know why PG has suddenly decided we can't have our OP dragons anymore, I think this is possibly the real reason for the changes, they saw it as a way to reduce dragon power.

And Yes, What would be so hard about their coding that they couldn't create the new runes with new names and re-associate the specified dragons with those runes. Why all this crediting, salvaging and equipping was even necessary is beyond comprehension.

I have both Kelvin, nightshade and tengu. Got runes and dust for both Nightshade and Kelvin but not Tengu. Wonder if i need to level tengu up so i could receive the compensation or not. please check
          ign Dakhunter
          Thanks

Comment

Could someone write an explanation of this like runes/spells for dummies? I am a pretty high level player but the whole invert, reverse projectiles, ice...spells vs. runes has befuddled me. I was fine with spells and runes till we got to plats and up.

Comment

• ITIL
              ITIL commented
              Editing a comment
              Edit: Oh, I re-read the mail . Removed Rejuvenate and Fireball.

I'll take a shot at an unofficial answer

Historically, there were interchangeable spells. These spells would share runes/glyphs, egg token mission credit, etc.
              * Reverse Projectiles > Invert (e.g. Kelvin and Nightshade)
              * Freeze > Frozen Tomb (only the freeze - e.g. Kelvin but wasn't in compensation?) & Ice Shock (e.g. Phasmos and Fae)
              * Havoc > Chaos (e.g. Tengu and Fae)

The most recent patch broke things a bit, so that invert runes/glyphs no longer worked on invert, and most likely other ones as well, but invert was the most obvious for me. Invert became reverse projectile runes/glyphs that only worked on reverse projectiles, so people with dragons with invert, such as Kelvin and Nightshade, received compensation for it. The same presumably applies to other dragons with spells on the right side of the > in the list above.

Some of the discussion above is clarifying that compensation isn't satisfactory for those who maxed out legendary/mythic runes/glyphs, while too much for those who didn't, and that the change of the secondary spell modifier isn't good.
              Last edited by ITIL; 04-14-2017, 05:28 PM.

• Kittens
              Kittens commented
              Editing a comment
              Skills in the same class (same effect, different duration/strength) used to have runes that overlap (invert worked on both invert and reverse projectiles. Havoc worked on chaos and itself). Now they have their own separate runes for each individual skill. It's only like 2 skills I think, but one happened to be invert, which screwed up a lot of people's Nightshade.

Most skills above green tier still don't have any rune associated with them.

Crosspost
            From EggToken: We're collecting data on this right now. It seems like there's a few people with Tengu and Fae that didn't receive their crediting, but did for the other dragons.
            [ITIL isn't my IGN]
            XP Calculator, Days to Level, XP Lookup, Evo Stone Level Lookup

Comment

Working...
            X